Organization and Governance
Pathway’s Advisory Committee is comprised of accomplished American, French, and Indian members who meet annually to direct the affairs of the organization.
Formerly Judge of The Superior Court of California, Orange County, lives in Los Angeles, California, earned his undergraduate degree from California State University, Long Beach and attended Law School at the University of California, Berkeley. He completed his divinity degree from Yale after studying at Brigham Young University for some time. He also served as a member of India’s Prime Minister Mrs Indira Gandhi’s defense team in 1970s. He has been a massive supporter, tireless campaigner and co founder of Pathway’s several programs, from 1989 on words. Has four daughters and beautiful grandchildren.
William P. Benac
CPA, JD, MBA
William Benac is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Management Accountant. Mr. Benac received his B.A. and his M.B.A from Brigham Young University and his J.D. from Pace University School of Law. He has served in many companies from the past three decades,William P. Benac served as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of American Railcar Industries, Inc. served as Chief Financial Officer of FIRSTPLUS Financial Group Inc. After serving as Chief Financial Officer at Odessy Partners Operations Group, a Wall Street investment firm, William Benac co-founded bpmx where he served as Senior Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer as Global Vice President and Treasurer and numerous positions with Verizon Corporation and its predecessor companies, including as President of GTE Finance Corp. He served on the National Advisory Council of the Marriott School of Management – Brigham Young University since 1997. He has been associated with Pathway for several years along with his wife Barbara and his entire family.
Chandra has been with Pathway for nearly three decades. She is a post graduate in food and nutrition from Mysore University. A Gold Medalist from Bangalore University in her undergraduate degree. Has obtained degrees in Education and Special Education. Chandra Prasad has been the back bone of the vocational programme of the centre for several years and has produced many innovative products and designs in the area of vocational rehabilitation and special education of the disabled. Chandra Prasad has been involved in the planning and design of all facilities of the organization. Has been awarded a joint national award along with A D S N Prasad for services for the disabled, as the best couple serving the disabled in India from MSD.
Has been serving Pathway for nearly a decade. Has post graduate degrees in finance and Public Administration. Has served in the sector of insurance for several years with great distinction. She also has degrees in special education and special arts for the disabled. Sudha Subramaniam has been an active force in several areas in the organization. Has excelled in the area of public relations management and fund raising. Has been involved in the area of special education of the disabled and in creating specialized aids in their education.
Sabin Children’s Foundation
Gary Sabin has served as Vice Chairman of the National Board of Trustees for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and also on the board of trustees for Deseret International and Boy Scouts of America and is the founder and Chairman of The Sabin Children’s Foundation, which focuses on healthcare for children in need.
Global Health Care Advisor
Mr. Jean-Luc Butel, a French national, currently serves as President of K8 Global Health Private Limited based out of Singapore. He also serves as a global health care advisor to and board member in several companies including McKinsey Singapore, Committee on the Future Economy of Singapore, and Biosensor International Group. He has previously served as President at Baxter Healthcare (Asia) and as Executive Vice-President at Medtronic Inc. (International). He has been associated with Pathway for the last two decades.
The “Dr. Dathu Rao Memorial Charitable Trust” is comprised of nine board members who meet quarterly to resolve Pathway’s important issues.
Pathway has received numerous prominent awards and prizes from various sources and institutions over the years. These include the following:
- 2013 Godfrey Philip Social Bravery Special Award conferred on ADSN Prasad for exceptional service rendered to the disabled and needy
- The Professor Ramesh K. Oza Oration Award conferred on ADSN Prasad (February 2013) by the National Convention of Indian Speech & Hearing Association – Lifetime Achievement Award for serving the disabled
- Pathway Center for Rehabilitation & Education of Mentally Retarded named “Best Institution for the Disabled 2009-2010” by the Honorable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Mr. M. Karunanidhi
- “MCDS-Award for a couple rendering exceptional services to the disabled” awarded to – Chandra and ADSN Prasad, November 2007 by Shri Surjit Singh Barnala, Governor of Tamil Nadu
- Award for “Services Rendered to the Mentally Disabled” Council of Parent’s Association of the Mentally Retarded, Chennai 2002
- “Vocational Excellence” Award to ADSN Prasad for his services to the Disabled – Rotary Club International, 1999
- 1998 Award for “Most Outstanding Institution in India Serving the Disabled” and “Most Outstanding Employer of the Disabled in India” – Prime Minister of India, Mr. Atal Behari Vajpayee
- “Best Institution Serving the Disabled” – Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Ms. J. Jayalalithaa, 1995
- “Best Employer of the Disabled” – Social Welfare Minister, Government of Tamil Nadu, 1995
- “Best Employees” awarded to two Special Pathway Employees – Social Welfare Minister, Government of Tamil Nadu, 1995
- “Exceptional Contribution for Services to People” Government of Karnataka, 1995
- “Services Rendered to the Mentally Disabled in India” – Japanese SIVUS Council, 1993
Recognition, Registration, & Permissions
Pathway is recognized by the proper and necessary Indian governmental bodies
- Office of the Commissioner for the Disabled, Government of Tamil Nadu (Department of Disabled Welfare), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Department of Disabled Welfare, Government of India
- Office of the State Commissioner for the Disabled, Government of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Social Welfare as a recognized Orphanage
- Directorate of Matriculation Schools, Government of Tamil Nadu
- Under PWD act vide S.No.03/2004, O/O Special Commissioner for the Disabled, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Director of Exemptions, Department of Income Tax, Government of India, Nungambakkam, Chennai U/S 80G of the Income Tax Act.
- Ministry of Home Affairs under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA), Government of India, New Delhi.
- Registrar of Societies (South), Government of Tamil Nadu, Chennai
- Registered with The National Trust for Autism, Cerebral Palsy and Mental Retardation, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Pathway is run under the auspices of Dr. Dathu Rao Memorial Charitable Trust, a registered society under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act
- Pathway receives an annual grant-in-aid from the Government of India’s Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Pathway is monitored and audited yearly by independent parties to ensure proper financing and governance
Pathway Annual Reports
Click the document icon below to view Pathway’s latest annual report.