Organization and Governance
Pathway’s Advisory Committee is comprised of accomplished American, French, and Indian members who meet annually to direct the affairs of the organization.
JUDGE WILLIAM SHEFFIELD
CHAIRMAN of the Advisory Board
Formerly Judge of The Superior Court of California, Orange County, lives in Los Angeles, California, earned his undergraduate degree from California State University, Long Beach and attended Law School at the University of California, Berkeley. He completed his divinity degree from Yale after studying at Brigham Young University for some time.
He also served as a member of India’s Prime Minister Mrs Indira Gandhi’s defense team in 1970s. He later served as a general legal counsel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints in the Asia Area, Hong Kong.
He has been a massive supporter, tireless campaigner and co founder of Pathway’s several programs, from 1989 onwards.
WILLIAM P BENAC
PRESIDENT of the Advisory Board
William Benac is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Management Accountant. Mr. Benac received his B.A. and his M.B.A from Brigham Young University and his J.D. from Pace University School of Law.
He has served in many companies from the past three decades, William P. Benac served as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of American Railcar Industries, Inc. served as Chief Financial Officer of FIRSTPLUS Financial Group Inc.
After serving as Chief Financial Officer at Odessy Partners Operations Group, a Wall Street investment firm, William Benac co-founded bpmx where he served as Senior Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer as Global Vice President and Treasurer and numerous positions with Verizon Corporation and its predecessor companies, including as President of GTE Finance Corp. He served on the National Advisory Council of the Marriott School of Management – Brigham Young University since 1997.
He has been associated with Pathway for several years along with his wife Barbara and his entire family.
PAMELA & ALEX MARTINEZ
PRESIDENT of A BRIGHTER PATH
Pamela Martinez along with her husband Alex Martinez are great supporters of Pathway who have benevolently funded the purchase of the agro farm land where the school has been founded and are committed current supporters in maintenance. They live in Long beach , CA. Pamela’s entire family including her family are very supportive.
Sabin Children’s Foundation
Gary Sabin has served as Vice Chairman of the National Board of Trustees for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and also on the board of trustees for Deseret International and Boy Scouts of America and is the founder and Chairman of The Sabin Children’s Foundation, which focuses on healthcare for children in need.
Global Health Care Advisor
Mr. Jean-Luc Butel, a French national, currently serves as President of K8 Global Health Private Limited based out of Singapore. He also serves as a global health care advisor to and board member in several companies including McKinsey Singapore, Committee on the Future Economy of Singapore, and Biosensor International Group. He has previously served as President at Baxter Healthcare (Asia) and as Executive Vice-President at Medtronic Inc. (International). He has been associated with Pathway for the last two decades.
DR A D S N PRASAD
FOUNDER OF PATHWAY -1974 – 2015
Dr Prasad is the founder of Pathway Centres. He founded the organization in April 1975. A Speech Pathologist & Audiologist, qualified from the All India Institute of Speech & Hearing, Mysore. Also qualified in psychology from Annamalai University. Has attended training in SIVUS, Sweden in normalization of mentally handicapped. Has more than three decades of experience in the field of speech pathology and audiology. Has worked in several hospitals and rehabilitation centres working for cerebral palsy, mental retardation, autism and related dysfunctions.Has decades of experience working with patients with oral and laryngeal cancer. Has served hospitals and departments specializing in neurology and strokes in children and adults. He has received state and national and international awards for his work in the field of disability in India from Hon’ble Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu, Governor of Tamil Nadu, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, SIVUS Japan,etc . He has attended and participated in many national and international conferences, seminars and workshops, and presented papers.
CO-FOUNDER & HONY. DIRECTOR
Chandra has been with Pathway for nearly three decades. She is a post graduate in food and nutrition from Mysore University. A Gold Medalist from Bangalore University in her undergraduate degree. Has obtained degrees in Education and Special Education. Chandra Prasad has been the back bone of the vocational programme of the centre for several years and has produced many innovative products and designs in the area of vocational rehabilitation and special education of the disabled. Chandra Prasad has been involved in the planning and design of all facilities of the organization. Has been awarded a joint national award along with A D S N Prasad for services for the disabled, as the best couple serving the disabled in India from MSD.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER- Mobile At Adobe
Mrs. Dhuli Patnaik-Social Worker-President
Mr. Abhijeet Parekh-General Manager RELIANCE-Vice-President
Mr. M.A. Ramar-Rtd. Banker-Treasurer
Mr. Y.V.R. Rao -Rtd. Director /SAIL-Trustee
Mr. Shanth Kumar Jain-Businessman-Trustee
Mrs Usha Rammohan-Banker-Trustee
Santhanagopalan Achutan-General Manager HDFC BANK-Trustee
The “Dr. Dathu Rao Memorial Charitable Trust” is comprised of nine board members who meet quarterly to resolve Pathway’s important issues.
Pathway has received numerous awards and prizes from various sources and institutions over the years:
- Social Award on 107TH Birthday Anniversary of MOTHER TERESA by Justice S Rajeswaran and Justice M V Muralidharan of Madras High Court conferred on CHANDRA PRASAD in the year 2017
- 2013 Godfrey Philip Social Bravery Special Award conferred on ADSN Prasad for exceptional service rendered to the disabled and needy
- The Professor Ramesh K. Oza Oration Award conferred on ADSN Prasad (February 2013) by the National Convention of Indian Speech & Hearing Association – Lifetime Achievement Award for serving the disabled
- Pathway Center for Rehabilitation & Education of Mentally Retarded named “Best Institution for the Disabled 2009-2010” by the Honorable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Mr. M. Karunanidhi
- “MCDS-Award for a couple rendering exceptional services to the disabled” awarded to – Chandra and ADSN Prasad, November 2007 by Shri Surjit Singh Barnala, Governor of Tamil Nadu
- Award for “Services Rendered to the Mentally Disabled” Council of Parent’s Association of the Mentally Retarded, Chennai 2002
- “Vocational Excellence” Award to ADSN Prasad for his services to the Disabled – Rotary Club International, 1999
- 1998 Award for “Most Outstanding Institution in India Serving the Disabled” and “Most Outstanding Employer of the Disabled in India” – Prime Minister of India, Mr. Atal Behari Vajpayee
- “Best Institution Serving the Disabled” – Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Ms. J. Jayalalithaa, 1995
- “Best Employer of the Disabled” – Social Welfare Minister, Government of Tamil Nadu, 1995
- “Best Employees” awarded to two Special Pathway Employees – Social Welfare Minister, Government of Tamil Nadu, 1995
- “Exceptional Contribution for Services to People” Government of Karnataka, 1995
- “Services Rendered to the Mentally Disabled in India” – Japanese SIVUS Council, 1993
RECOGNITION, REGISTRATION AND PERMISSIONS
Pathway is run under the auspices of Dr. Dathu Rao Memorial Charitable Trust a Registered Society under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- Recognized by the office of the Commissioner for the Differently Abled, Government of Tamil Nadu (Department of Differently Abled Welfare).
The organization receives an annual grant-in-aid from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
The organization receives grant in aid from the office of Commissioner for the Differently Abled, Government of Tamil Nadu (Department of Differently Abled Welfare) for the project “Pathway -Sabin Home for persons with Mental Retardation and Associated Conditions”
Pathway is monitored and audited yearly by independent parties to ensure proper implementation of all finances and governance.
RECOGNITION AND GRANT-IN-AID
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Office of the State Commissioner for the Differently Abled, Government of TN
- Department of Social Welfare as a recognized Orphanage.
REGISTRATION AND PERMISSION
- Director of Exemptions, Dept. of Income Tax, Govt. of India, Nungambakkam, Chennai U/S 80G of the Income Tax Act.
- Ministry of Home Affairs under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, Government of India, New Delhi
- Registered with The National Trust for Autism, under section 12(4) of the Act for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Disabilities and Mental Retardation, Government of India, New Delhi
- Registered under Section 53 of Justice Juvenile Act, 2015, Dept of Social Defence, Govt of TN
- Registered under Section 34(3) of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2000, amended in 2006 and rules therein., The State Govt/Director of Social Welfare-Child Welfare .
- Registrar of Societies (South), Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Chennai
- Registered with Department of Social welfare, Govt of Tamil Nadu under Orphanages and other Charitable homes supervision and control act 1960
- Registered with Department of Social Welfare, govt. of Tamil Nadu under section 51(2) of the Rights of the Persons with Disability Act, 2016
- Registered under TamilNadu Recognized Private Schools (Regulations) Act, 1973 and Rules 1974
- Registered with Directorate of Matriculation Schools, Govt of Tamil Nadu
- Registered under NGO-Darpan Portal of NITI AAYOG, Govt of India
Pathway Annual Reports
Click the document icon below to view Pathway’s latest annual report.